Surprise! A new app has just emerged on my screen following the most recent iOS 16 update. I opened Freeform since my interest was aroused by how alluring the design was.
What is Freeform?
Freeform gives users the ability to see, share, and communicate all in one location without worrying about layouts or page widths by assisting them in organizing and graphically organizing content on a flexible canvas.
Without ever leaving the board, users can add a wide variety of files and preview them inline. Freeform, which was created for collaboration, makes it simpler than ever to invite people to work on a board with you. On a FaceTime call, users can even collaborate with others. Users can sync their Freeform boards between devices because they are stored in iCloud.
When I first opened it, Popplet, a program I used when I got my first iPhone, Google Keep, and Jamboard all came to mind as comparisons. That one and Popplet Jr.’s free version are still available since I had to look to confirm.
How Should I Use Freeform?
By tapping the notepad and pencil icon in the top right corner of the Freeform app when it is open, you can add a board. It takes one or two taps to add anything to a board. The contact I had with the features in this app was very easy to understand and uncomplicated. When you click on an item (such as a symbol, text box, sticky note, etc.), a tool menu with numerous possibilities for that tool appears.
By clicking the share button, you can quickly share with others. I was immediately curious about how many individuals could collaborate on a board, and Apple says “up to 100 collaborators on the same board.” Since I was unable to verify this, I’ll just accept Apple’s word for it.
- Freeform elements
- accessible on iPad and iPhone
- Include images, audio, and/or video.
- Simply add sticky notes with seven different color options.
- Text possibilities are numerous. (font, alignment, and size)
- Remove anything quickly
- a variety of brush shapes and color options
- split into 16 categories, 700 forms
- For 30 days, deleted boards can be retrieved.
Read More: What is Avple? How To Download Videos Using It in 2023?
My Favorite Freeform Features
- Everything can be deleted with ease. Once the object has been chosen, a toolbox will appear at the bottom of the screen. Among the other dark-colored symbol alternatives, the red trash can stands out.
- The scanning function is a great addition. A scan can be selected by tapping the photo icon. Place the document in the desired position, and a picture will be taken automatically. The technology adjusts automatically to simply grasp your document. You then save it and make it larger on your board. Another benefit is that you may quickly annotate your scanned paper using the brush tool.
- You can decide whether to show your boards in list format or icon view. Your boards can be shown by name or date. And after creating a number of boards, you may designate them as favorites to make it easier to find them later.
- The search function is fantastic. I posted a random word on two distinct boards, followed by a random phone number. I entered the term or number into the search box, and the information board appeared right away.
- For more details about the Freeform app, see this post. I can definitely imagine instructors and kids benefiting from utilizing the Freeform app if your school has an Apple-centric culture.
Read More: What Is Apex Launcher? Everything You Need to Know in 2023!
Uses for Freeform in Education
- Group work
- Question Bank
- Teacher lesson planning
- And more!
Do you have any plans for using Freeform? Make sure to leave a remark and share your plans as well as your thoughts on this software.