Privacy on Facebook and who has access to users’ information have been issues for some time. Clarifications on this topic were periodically provided by the most popular social media website. Nonetheless, this worry persists among a sizable fraction of Internet users everywhere.
Perhaps this is the common ground that finally puts us on the same page. Here we will discuss the processes required to delete or deactivate your Facebook account on both the iPhone and the computer.
Difference Between Deactivate and Delete Facebook Account
When You Deactivate Your Account,
- Your Facebook profile is private and can only be viewed by you.
- When you delete your profile, most of the places it appears online will remove references to you and any images or other content you may have uploaded.
- If you want to use Messenger, you can.
- Some data, such as messages, will be concealed.
- Your friend list will include your name.
- Each group’s administrator will be able to see your profile, including your name, postings, and comments.
When You Delete Your Account
Your account is permanently deactivated at this time. (if logged in during the next 30 days)
All of your content, including any uploads, will be permanently destroyed after you cancel your account.
Instagram and other similar apps that require you to connect in using a Facebook account are unavailable.
Messenger won’t work for you. In any case, your friends will still be able to read the messages you send them in their own chats.
How to Deactivate or Delete Your Facebook Account on iPhone or iPad?
- A Facebook app can be accessed by using the iPhone’s browser.
- If you want to access the menu, tap the icon that looks like three parallel lines.
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on Privacy & Settings.
- Choose the Preferences menu.
- Just go down and click on Ownership and Control of Your Account.
- Choose to Turn Off and Delete.
- To delete your account, go to “Deactivate Account.”
- To finish deactivating your account, tap Next.
- Enter your password on the following page.
- Once Facebook prompts you to select a reason for deactivating your account, select the one that best fits your situation and click Proceed.
- Click Continue once more if you’re sure.
- Click the Deactivate My Account button if you need to go away for a while.
- Choose Account Deletion, and then click Proceed.
- If you don’t want Facebook to permanently delete your account, you can make some adjustments on the next page.
- Click Proceed to Account Deletion once more if you’re sure you want to remove the account.
- Choose Download Profile to save a copy of your posts, cover photos, and other data.
Don’t bother with backups. Just delete your account.
To proceed, please enter your password and tap Continue.
Last but not least, use the Delete Account button to completely close the account.
How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently on A Pc?
- To permanently remove your Facebook account, go to the Remove Your Account page.
- To access your account, please enter your email address and password.
- Choose the Account Deletion link. Choose “Deactivate Account” if you just want to put a temporary halt to your Facebook activity.
- Type in your passphrase and hit the Proceed button.
- Choose Delete Account once more to confirm the deletion.