Sharing your screen is a great way to show off memes, crucial work files, streaming music, or extended videos. This tutorial will show you three different ways to display your iPhone’s screen on a TV. Continue reading to find out.
How to Screen Mirror iPhone to TV With Airplay?
Apple’s AirPlay wireless technology makes it easy to display content from an iPhone on a TV screen. You can stream the entire screen to a TV or just send music and video from compatible apps.
Now you can use AirPlay with:
- Modern Roku players
- For some LG TVs made after 2018, the
- Televisions produced by Samsung after 2018
- Particular Sony televisions
- Vizio televisions with SmartCast
- Insignia and Toshiba Fire TV 2020 Edition televisions.
Here are the steps for screen mirroring your iPhone to the TV with AirPlay:
- Connect your iOS smartphone and TV to the same WiFi network. The TV software must be properly installed.
- Launch the Settings menu on your gadget. To access the Control Center, swipe down from the top right corner of the screen on an iPad running iOS 12 or later, or an iPhone X or later. If you’re using an older version of iOS, you’ll need to swipe up to continue.
- Select the icon depicting two overlapping boxes to activate Screen Mirroring.
- Pick your desired TV from the list of available devices.
- If you have more than one AirPlay device at home, it’s a good idea to identify them individually with labels.
- On your iOS device, enter the 4-digit code that appears on the TV. If your TV has AirPlay, it will automatically begin reflecting your iPhone’s screen.
- Make sure your iPhone and smart TV are on the same WiFi network to disable screen mirroring. Connect the TV’s software to an AirPlay-capable TV and set up AirPlay. To disable mirroring, go to your device’s Settings menu.
How to Screen Mirror on iPhone Using HDMI Cable?
When it comes to screen mirroring, an HDMI converter isn’t as convenient as AirPlay. If WiFi is unavailable or unreliable, this is a much easier way to mirror your iPhone’s screen.
If your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch has a Lightning port, you can utilize Apple’s Lightning Digital AV adapter. The typical price for this tool is $40. Keep in mind that Netflix and other copy-protected streaming video applications will not play on cheaper third-party devices.
If you want to sit further away from the TV and you’re going to have to supply your own cable, then you should choose an HDMI cable that’s at least 4 meters long.
Using an HDMI cable, you can do the following:
- Connect both ends of the HDMI cable to the TV and the adaptor.
- Connect the cord to your Apple gadget.
- Select the HDMI input on your TV.
- Plug a charger into the adaptor’s second Lightning port to keep your iOS device’s battery from running down quickly.
- More and more apps are coming out that allow you to project the screen of your iOS device onto a TV. However, some video services, such as Netflix or Amazon Prime, may allow you to manage the video’s playback in real-time.
How to Connect iPhone to TV Wirelessly Without WiFi?
Recent models of Apple TV, including the Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K, include peer-to-peer Airplay, enabling users to mirror their iPhone screens on their televisions without a WiFi connection.
If you own a Third-Generation Rev. A 2012 Apple TV, you also need Apple TV Software version 7.0 or later.
Sharing your iPhone’s screen on a big screen using AirPlay is simple if you already own the necessary hardware.
Peer-to-peer Airplay is only supported in the absence of WiFi and may not work if any of the connected devices require it. Disconnecting your Apple TV and iOS device from a WiFi network is required before you may reconnect to that network.
Here’s how to wirelessly mirror your iPhone to your smart TV:
- Since Peer-to-Peer AirPlay is a wireless solution, the device and TV must be linked via Bluetooth. Join your home network with your iOS device. To use Peer-to-Peer AirPlay, you need not be online at the same time. But it has to be activated.
- The Settings for AirPlay mirroring will show up in the Settings menu. Restarting your iOS device may help bring back the Airplay Controls if they are missing.
- Access Screen Mirroring from your iOS device’s Control Center.
- Locate Apple TV in the list of connected gadgets and choose it.
- In this section, your TV will prompt you to provide a password for the network connection. Simply entering your password will enable the function.
iPhone TV Mirroring Software
There are several iPhone-to-TV mirroring apps available, but you probably won’t need them if you use one of the ways above instead.
However, in some cases, it may be preferable to utilize the Google Home app to cast content from an iPhone to a Chromecast. You may repair it without moving your data to an Android device.